Unbelievably, the humble bread can be used to create some excellent sweet meals. We have four distinct bread-based dessert ideas for you!
Bread is undoubtedly everyone’s last-ditch attempt to conjure together a fast dinner (bachelors or otherwise). Even when other supermarket supplies are running low, everyone often has bread in their homes, which makes it simple to make into something nourishing. With a little imagination, bread can be transformed into a whole supper that is both reliable and affordable. You may make a quick and satisfying snack by popping it in the toaster and spreading it with anything as basic as butter or as sophisticated as guacamole. But, bread may also be used in even more sophisticated meals. Upma and bread poha are really trendy right now. both as salty appetisers and main courses. There are several desserts that you may prepare utilising bread when it comes to sweet dishes.
Unbelievably, the humble bread can be used to create some excellent sweet meals. We all enjoy the sweet shahi tukda that is a staple of Indian holiday buffets. The good old loaf of bread is used in three additional dessert recipes that we have for you, all of which transform it into something very delicious. You may find the recipes for four original bread-based sweets here: bread pudding, bread rasmalai, kiwi bread halwa, and shahi tukda.
Recipes For Bread: 4 Yummy Bread-Based Desserts For Any Occasions
1. Shahi Tukda (Double Ka Meetha) Recipe
One of India’s most well-known sweets, shahi tukda, is a symbol of excessive indulgence in desi love. This dish is produced by deep frying slices of bread till they are golden brown, dipping them in sugar syrup, and then garnishing them with chopped nuts and cold rabdi.
Ingredients of Shahi Tukda
- 4 slices Large white bread (edges trimmed off)
- Ghee (clarified butter) for deep-frying
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- Rabri (made of 1/2 kg milk)
- 1 tsp gulab jal (rose water)
- 1/2 cup malai (clotted cream) or thick cream
- Vark (silver leaves, optional)
- For garnish:
- 2 tbsp almonds (slivered), blanched
- 2 tbsp pistachios (slivered), blanched
- Few rose petals (optional)
- Few kesar strands (saffron)
HOW TO MAKE IT
1.Lengthwise cut the bread pieces in half, then deep fried each half until crisp.
2.Boil the milk until the sugar is dissolved, then set aside to cool until it is safe to handle.
3.After dipping the bread in the milk and sugar mixture, place the slices in a serving plate.
4.Spoon the rosewater mixture, or “rabri,” evenly over all of the bread slices.
5. Spread the cream, or malai, over the middle of each piece.
6.If you’re using the vark, garnish it over this.
7.Add rose petals, pistachios, almonds, and saffron threads as garnish. Serve warm or cold.
2. Bread Rasmalai Recipe
Bread rasmalai, which is produced by sauteing round slices of white bread and dipping them in a thick and sweet milk mixture, is a simpler, possibly more accessible relative of chhena rasmalai. Dried rose petals and beautiful silver varq complete the presentation of the meal.
Ingredients of Bread Rasmalai
- 10 pieces of white bread
- 2 liters milk
- 4 ordinary barfis
- Badam and pistachio for garnishing
- A pinch of saffron
- Chandi ka vark
- Rose petals
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 Tbsp desi ghee
HOW TO MAKE IT
1. Cut tiny rounds from the bread pieces using a small katori or a tart mould, and set them aside.
2. Boil half a cup of sugar until a thin syrup forms.
3. Boil milk, then add the powdered barfi and the remaining sugar as it thickens.
4. Rasmalai’s base dip has been completed.
5. Heat a tava. On this heated tava, gently brown the circular bread slices on both sides.
6.Add the fried bread pieces to the sugar syrup and rasmalai dip at the same time. Pour the remaining sugar syrup into the rasmalai mixture and stir in the almonds and saffron threads (badam and pista cut into small pieces)
7.Transfer this to a serving plate, add some rose petals and a silver vark, and chill the rasmalai in the fridge before serving.
3. Bread Pudding Recipe
Even puddings that are exquisite and just enticing can be made with bread. This dish can be completed in less than a half-hour and is exceedingly simple to follow. Yet the outcome is nothing less than wonderfully decadent.
Ingredients of Bread Pudding
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 to 1 1/12 cup milk
- 4-5 bread slices, cut in cubes
- 2 -3 tsp marmalade
HOW TO MAKE IT
1.In a dish, scramble two eggs.
2. Whip them up till they are fluffy and lovely.
3. Add the milk, sugar, and essence. Mix thoroughly. Add a few raisins.
4.Cubed bread slices are used to line a steaming dish.
5.Glaze the bread with the mixture.
6. Add some marmalade to the glaze.
7.Now mount the plate on a steamer and submerge it for 10 minutes or so in hot water.
8. As an alternative, you may bake it for 5-7 minutes.
4. Kiwi Bread Halwa Recipe
Sanjeev Kapoor, a culinary master, created this dish by transforming plain brown bread into a delectable desi delicacy. The purée of the fruit is utilised in this kiwi halwa for sweetness and flavour, along with all the customary Indian dessert spices.
Ingredients of Kiwi Bread Halwa
- 5 Kiwis
- 8 Brown bread slices
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp cashew nuts, chopped
- 1 tbsp almonds, chopped
- 1 tbsp pistachios, chopped
- 1 tsp green cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup khoya/mawa, grated
HOW TO MAKE IT
1. Slice and peel the kiwi fruit. Add to the container of a hand blender, then purée.
2. Add sugar and kiwi purée to a preheated nonstick pan and stir continuously while the mixture thickens.
3. Toast the slices of bread, then chop them into 1-inch pieces.
4.In a separate nonstick skillet, heat the ghee. Add the cashews, almonds, pistachios, and raisins. Lightly sauté.
5.Combine the cardamom powder with the kiwi mixture. While mixing, add the bread chunks and mash.
6. Cook khoya well after adding milk. Mix in the ghee and the nuts that have been sautéed.
7. Put the prepared dish in it and then serve.
As a result, you may confidently respond, “Challenge accepted!” the next time someone asks you what you can create using a package of bread.
- Bihar Traditional Food – 10 Iconic Dishes From An Extensive Bihar Menu of Famous Food From Bihar
- HDFC Life Insurance Vacancies 2023 Notification / Advertising » Apply Online Latest HDFC Life Insurance Vacancies 2023
- RBSC 5th Class Result 2023 Live Today | Rajasthan Board 5th Class Result 2023 Direct Download Link Available – Click Now
- Rajasthan Pashu Mitra Yojana 2023 Applications Sought For 5000 Posts Under Pashu Mitra Yojana in Rajasthan – complete Information Here
- Rajasthan Post Office Recruitment 2023 Notification Released For Recruitment 10th Pass Candidates Direct Apply Now